INTERSPEECH 2017 will be held August 20–24, 2017 in Stockholm, Sweden on the campus of Stockholm University!
The theme of INTERSPEECH 2017 is Situated interaction.
Face-to-face interaction is the primary use of speech, and arguably also the richest, most effective and most natural kind of speech communication. The situation, context and human behaviors are intrinsic parts that continuously shape and form the interaction. In attempting to understand this situated interaction, we face a fruitful and real challenge for the speech communication community: To investigate what kinds of situational awareness, social sensibilities and conversational abilities we should endow machines with for them to engage in conversations with humans on human terms.
INTERSPEECH 2017 emphasizes an interdisciplinary approach covering all aspects of speech science and technology spanning basic theories to applications. In addition to regular oral and poster sessions, the conference will also feature plenary talks by internationally renowned experts, tutorials, special sessions, show & tell sessions, and exhibits. A number of satellite events will take place immediately before and after the conference. Please follow the details which will be published at the INTERSPEECH website interspeech2017.org.
INTERSPEECH 2017 is jointly organized by:
- Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University
- Department of Speech, Music and Hearing, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Division for Speech and Language Pathology, Karolinska Institutet
- PCO: Akademikonferens
- with support from the entire Swedish speech community!
- General chair: Francisco Lacerda (Stockholm University)
- General co-chair: David House (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
- Technical program chairs: Mattias Heldner (Stockholm University), Joakim Gustafson (KTH Royal Institute of Technology), and Sofia Strömbergsson (Karolinska Institutet)